PLEASE READ THE NEXT TWO PAGES CAREFULLY!
COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED!
A valid Varsity Community Association membership ($36.75) is required and must be paid prior to or at the time of registration. You will require your membership number for registration. You may NOT play soccer without a current membership, as your child requires the insurance coverage to play. There are no exceptions possible. CA Memberships are non-refundable.
FEES & COSTS
U4 Tuesday only
Early Registration Jan. 28 – Feb. 22 $55.00 + VCA Membership $36.75
Regular Registration Feb. 23 and later $70.00 + VCA Membership $36.75
U5 – U10 Tuesday and Thursday
Early Registration Jan. 28 – Feb. 22 $70.00 + VCA Membership $36.75
Regular Registration Feb. 23 and later $85.00 + VCA Membership $36.75
Purchase/Renew VCA Membership CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
- Register online through SoccerTech’s PowerUp software which is available 24/7, making it the most convenient way to enroll.
- VCA Tykes Soccer is a volunteer-based program. Parents either have to volunteer or pay a non-refundable volunteer opt-out fee of $75. Volunteer positions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Parent(s), or a designated caregiver, is required to be at the soccer field while a child is participating in soccer.
- For the 2019 season, In-Person Registration is not being offered. If you need further assistance in this regard, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are looking for financial assistance, please register with KidSport and/or JumpStart FIRST and then use this option in our registration software. You will need their file number from your financial assistance institution. (See Financial Assistance Section below)
First day of the 2019 season will be Tuesday, April 30, 2019 and end Thursday, June 20th, 2019. (U4 season ends Tuesday June 18, but will attend the Wind Up. All Division Wind Up (U4 – U10) – Thursday June 20th.)
Volunteering is mandatory. Volunteer opportunities are on a first-come, first-served basis. Once positions are filled online, they will show as unavailable – please select from the other opportunities or pay the non-refundable $75 volunteer opt-out fee.
The following volunteer positions are available:
- Co-Coaches – all coaches will be co-coaches this year to spread the load. (70 Volunteers)
- Team Managers – management of the team and its equipment, including pickup and return. (35 Volunteers)
- Equipment Return and Sort – it is mandatory that all equipment be returned to, and sorted at, the VCA following the Wind Up on June 20, 2019. (1 coordinator + 4 volunteers)
- Age Group Coordinators – responsible for the day-to-day running of each age group on the field. Responsibilities include first day (helping everyone find their playing field and team), answering general questions of parents, directing teams to their scheduled event on the field, potential equipment replacement for any of the teams. (12 Volunteers)
- Photography Volunteer – assisting the dedicated photo organizer to organize teams and players for photoshoot. (10 Volunteers)
- Field Preparation – before season starts, picking up garbage and waste on the soccer fields. (10 Volunteers)
- Wind-Up Party – 30 minute child/parent game, followed by cupcakes and juice, pick up of photos and loot bags optional jersey amnesty. (1 head organizer, 3 assistants, 1 pick up volunteer from each team)
Weather updates and cancellations will be found on the home page of our website in the Twitter feed by 4 pm on the day. Please also consider to sign up to our Twitter account (@SoccerTechYYC) to get up to date information.
PLEASE NOTE: Soccer is cancelled if there is lightning.
With the cost of registration, each player is entitled to
- A uniform ( please read the information on the next page carefully!)
- A player and a team photo
- Technical skill training, designed and supplied by SoccerTech.
- Children will participate in technical training, led by our team of University of Calgary Dinos Players and their junior coaches.
MANDATORY PARENTAL SUPPLIES
- a name-tagged water bottle
- suitable footwear
- a set of shin guards
Parent(s), or a designated caregiver, are required to be at the soccer field while a child is participating in soccer.
We believe that every child should have access to soccer in our community. There are two programs to help those in financial hardship:
SoccerTech is happy to take KidSport or Jumpstart registrants – please register your child at KidSport/JumpStart FIRST as you will need their file number to register with our PowerUp system. Both organizations will then direct deposit the fees into our account, upon approval.
Please note: if you should choose to register your child first in our program and fully pay for the child, we will not be able to apply KidSport or JumpStart funding against this purchase.
Children must play in the Age Group assigned to their year of birth.
VCA U10 PROGRAM
Over the last seasons, we did not have enough players to host a full U10 league in Varsity. For variety and additional play opportunities, we will be playing against teams from other nearby communities to create league play. Practices and home games will always be at the home field and away games might happen four times in a season. Very minor travel will be involved and scheduled play time will vary. (Please refer to your team schedule – available on the PowerUp App or on this website.)
ABUSE OF ANY SORT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL RESULT IN THE VCA AND SOCCERTECH REFUSING ENTRY INTO THE SOCCER PROGRAM OR TO ALLOW CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE SOCCER PROGRAM.